Monday, December 10, 2007

////United Nations Club and my person////

On November 2nd, 3rd and 4th 2007, eight students of LaGuardia Community College were proud attendees of 62nd Model UN Panel that took place in Washington D. C. The Untied Nations Conference was a very practical three day gathering of students not only form the United States but also from Canada and China.

During those three daysparticipants of Model UN Panel first presented the most intricate world’s problems for solution. After the process of selection through which the most urgent global issues had been decided to be solve on this conference, delegates of every participated nation in thispanel where looking for resolution through debates. At the end, every participant wasobligated to vote in order to choose the draft resolution that then will be become the
official resolution.
As I mentioned before eight students of LaGuardia Community College were taking part in 62nd Model UN Panel and one of those eight honored students who had the opportunity to be there was me. My name is Agnieszka Rybak, I am Polish immigrant who came to the United States five years ago. At the time I arrived here, I never even dreamed that one day I will take part of something so gracious like this conference.

Overall through this forum I learned a lot about myself, I realized; who I am, what are my gaps and how to improve my person. Plus I am really glad that this type of chance met me right now because it gave the idea that there a lot to do for me on this world.

No comments: